We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Traveling is fun, but how do you plan on paying for it? Do you have a pension you can rely on? Perhaps you have savings specifically set up for your adventures. Once you’re of the age, Social Security will help but will it be enough? How will you be funding your travel?
This post will show you five ways to easily fund your travels. These ways may not completely cover all your expenses, but better than not having any extra money coming in.
I’ve always had the heart and soul of an entrepreneur. Is this how you feel too? I believe if you’re traveling full-time, half-time or taking long , then you already have quite the adventurous spirit.
My husband and I have been living in our RV for seven years now. We’re both working part-time jobs, me at the RV park where we live and Mark at one of the local Walmart stores. This too shall pass, as they say. In less than two years we will hitting the road for good and leaving the stationary world behind.
Where Are You Now?
If you haven’t yet traded your bricks and sticks dwelling for the RV of your dreams, then you have time to do planning in order to insure some extra streams of passive income to supplement your finances. Here are some things to consider while you’re in the planning stages:
- Do you own your home outright or are you able to make a nice profit from the sale of your home or condo?
- Are you keeping your home as a basecamp, just in case this adventure doesn’t pan out for you or if you simply want to have a base to come back to in between bouts of travel?
- Are you on Social Security right now? Do you receive a pension? What will be your means of income while you travel?
- Do you have specific medical needs, medications or treatments to attend to?
- Will you be traveling with kids? Are you four-legged fur babies traveling with you too?
These are a few items to think about. Make a list. Make a dozen lists! I’m a list maker. I have a small notebook with me at all times. A notebook is an essential tool for quickly jotting down ideas, concerns, questions. Believe me, you’ll have dozens of them.
Five Ideas to Easily Add Extra $$ to your Travel Fund
Now that you have your ideas listed and a plan of action brewing inside that brain of yours, let’s work on some other possible income strategies. These potential streams of income, no matter if you’re still in the planning stages, or already on the road, can help you make those financial ends meet.
- Do you like to write? Have you ever considered making some extra money as a blogger or guest blogger?
- Do you like to make crafts? I make leather journals and custom themed albums which periodically brings in some nice cash. There are numerous online marketplaces to list and sell your handmade goods.
- Do you have experience building websites, teaching others about tech gadgets, making You Tube videos.
- Are you an RN or LVN. Consider becoming a traveling nurse and fill in where needed.
- Become an affiliate marketer and earn a decent passive income using what you’re most passionate about.
Working online is not only rewarding, it can also be lucrative. I belong to various affiliate networks and I’m currently working my way through the very best affiliate marketing platform called Wealthy Affiliate. You don’t even need to have any previous background in marketing or selling. I certainly didn’t.
I’ve been an entrepreneur for many years, in between my jobs working for someone else. I love working for myself, at my own pace, no matter if it’s in my pj’s or casual clothing and flip flops. Don’t get me wrong. It’s work. It’s hard work, but diligence and tenacity pays off big time.
Wealthy Affiliate provides an exemplary certification training program and an affiliate training program that is far greater than any other training I’ve encountered. Members also receive guidance and instruction through numerous videos and training sessions set up by other members. You’re never alone at Wealthy Affiliate. Questions, once asked, are rapidly answered by knowledgeable and help members of the community. The cost, after the free 7 day trial period is manageable considering the training, the guidance and up to 50 websites (25 SiteRubix sites and 25 self-hosted WordPress sites). Click on the link above and see if Wealthy Affiliate is a good fit for you.
In an effort to be completely transparent, I want to let you know that I have an affiliate relationship with some of the companies whose products or services I recommend.
This means that, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission or credit if you decide to buy any of their products or services.
This is one of the ways I pay for maintaining this site. Just to be safe, you can assume that any link that you click while on my site or using any of the products is an affiliate link and I will earn compensation as a result.
I urge you to not spend any money on any of these products or services unless you really need or can afford them.